Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

TWILIGHT


TWILIGHT!!!

Okay so when I came home from my mission, about 3 months ago I went to visit a friend in Baltimore, while there she had to work and told me to start reading this book. That's right, the Twilight series, which I had been warned previously by my sister Emily that this book is dangerously addictive and that once started would soon lead to an unending addiction until all the books are finished. So of course I have nothing else better to do for the 8 hours she works and I think okay, why not, don't really want to watch TVso sure. So as I read I think, well this book is alright, nothing too amazing, but I have time to kill so I'I'll keep going. Of course I couldn't put it down so I finished it while I was out there. Well my friend Shelly then decided that since I had a 6 hour flight ahead of me that I should read the 2ND one while II'm on the flight and in the airport, so I think, alright, sure, that's just what I need, but hey what the heck, why not. well needless to say I finished that and then of course had to finish the last 2 as soon as I came home, with EEmily giving me crap the WHOLE time I'm reading. Well I am single and wasn't working at the time, and really had no responsibility at the time, so why not read and use my brain cells in a more productive way then just watching TV. Now do I regret this little excursion? not really, it was a well written piece of literature that kept me well entertained, and made me very excited for the movie, even though I knew much would be cut out due to the fact that you can't put everything into a 2 hour film.

Needless to say I went to see the fabulous movie today at the 1:30 showing, no, not the 1:30 am...not quite that obsessed, now was it completely worth it do you ask? well it was okay. Cute and hey even though I thought Edward wasn't exactly the guy I would have chosen for the part, I do have to say he sort of grows on you.....a lot. I mean seriously, are we supposed to be attracted to vampires? Because I'm pretty sure that the Cullens are extremely good looking, and lets be honest who wouldn't want a man with super powers, despite the fact that he might kill you, gotta take the good with the bad right? Although I do have to say that it takes some getting used to. The movie was good, but not exactly the book, but when is it ever just like the book? I do have to say that some good came from this wonderful excursion I found myself on today. This last Sunday I told my little sister Maggie, who's 11, who once I said I wanted to go just about begged me to see this movie, well I told her that unless she read the book, I wouldn't take her.

So Sunday night she began reading and actually finished the entire book in a week! Oh my goodness it is a miracle, kids really can achieve something that they put their minds too, but isn't it interesting that it has to be their idea, or there has to be an incentive to do it. Well now that we know what she can accomplish in a week's time, we won't allow the little whining and baby routine to work anymore!!
Now for this picture I do have to say that this part of the movie was too darn stinkin' cute!! I mean he takes her in the high trees and...well words really can't describe it, but it is a cute scene.

Well I will end on the rant of Twilight, but I will say that even if the whole vampire thing doesn't really strike your fancy it's still a movie worth seeing, or at least renting when it goes to the rental store, or good old red box. And even if Edward isn't your 'type' of guy, there's at least someone in the movie you'll find to 'fall in love' with. What world would we live in if every movie didn't have a love story behind it, although I will say thank heavens for once there's a movie with some action packed shots, a cute romance story, and yet no unnecessary sex scenes. Maybe our world isn't as bad off as we thought it was.






1 comment:

Jenni said...

oh my goodness carrie are you kidding me the movie was AWESOME!!
i am in love with edward. can you say yummy. the vampire part is what makes him so yummy!! all us girls like a little bad boy. oh poor nick.